Sunday, February 8, 2009

Opinions Needed: Children on leashes...


We were given one of these in a gift basket before Xavier was born. Back then, I would have never thought I would use it. I thought people who put their child on a leash were crazy. And now I have an active, rambunctious toddler who does not like to stay in a stroller for extended periods of time. And we are going on vacation to California for a few days over our long weekend. I can see it being very helpful in the airport and busy places like the zoo.

What do you think? Abusive and controlling? Safe and smart? Leave me a comment below!

3 comments:

Dana said...

Safe and smart when in busy places like airports and amusement parks. When you have a toddler - it is hard to keep an eye on them. We never used one with the kids - but if we had to be in a large crowd I may have considered it. At 8 & 10 it would be controling and abusive. Not at 1+

Jessica Lyn Luebbe said...

I'd agree with Dana...in a large crowd/busy places they can be safe. I never used one either, but always debated getting one. I like the kind in teh picture versus the kind attached to the wrist-to me the wrist ones seem more like a leash. Besides, the goal is to protect your little one and it's not like you are putting it on a teenager (although some parents probably wish they could. haha)

Rachel Hill said...

You guys made me feel better. Thanks! We have the same one in the picture and yesterday we walked to the mailbox together (a ways away in our townhome place) and he actually loved it and felt like he had more freedom than when he has to hold my hand...