Saturday, March 12, 2011

Lent Day 4

I Timothy 4:8
"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come."

Right now, I’m pretty committed to training for a half marathon in less than a month. With our busy schedules, it’s not always easy to get the training in. I’ll wake up before the sun comes up or dash outside as the sun is going down or push two children in the double stroller just to get that run in. This morning I ran ten miles even though I had only had five or so hours of sleep. I’ve signed up for the race, I’ve committed to it, and so I rarely miss running.

This verse definitely makes me stop and think. About setting priorities. About making sacrifices. About valuing what is truly important.

About training not just my body, but my heart, mind, and soul.

No comments: