Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lent Day 8

I heard a great sermon in church tonight about NOTHING. About how we our lives are filled with nothingness. No good thing. But, praise be to our Lord and Savior who fills that void and brings HOPE and GRACE and PEACE in its place.

II Corinthians 12:9-10

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


How interesting it is that the answer to Paul's prayer to take away the thorn in his flesh was not the removal of that thorn! Instead, it was a call to greater and fuller reliance upon Christ.

Lord, thank you for the thorns. Thank you for the weaknesses. Thank you that your grace is and always will be sufficient.

No comments: