Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lent Day 9

Dueteronomy 6: 5-9

Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

What a responsibility I have as a mother. These two little boys are listening to my words. Looking at my example. Responding to my lead. And I think I fail them much too often.

It seems that in my quest to raise my children to be "good" kids, I can lose sight of what is more important. Teaching them they are sinners. Teaching them that they can never be "good" enough on their own. Teaching them that they are forgiven children of God.

Teaching them to LOVE their LORD with their EVERYTHING.

All day long. In the little moments. As we go about our day. Lord, help me to lead them to you.

No comments: